I want to thank everyone for their prayers and messages of encouragement.  They are really helping and I appreciate everyone one of them.

The weekend hasn’t been too bad so far.  Robin generously asked if she could work from home next week so she could stay and help a while longer.  Her boss was great and said yes.  So she took a quick trip to New Bern leaving Saturday afternoon and will be back Sunday for dinner.  It’s just so reassuring to have her here.

That left Armand to do the evening bandage change and he will have to do the one on Sunday morning as well.  He did a great job.  And he even put up with my nagging and saying “Robin does it this way, or Robin doesn’t do that…” :)

It all looks good and we can see the granulated skin that we are supposed to see.  It just seems as if the saline gauze is sticking more and more.  Therefore causing more and more pain at the bandage changes.  I can go all day without much pain.  It’s just when we have to change the saline gauze.  And knowing that it is coming up, I get anxious about it.  I try to be proactive.  I tried the Tylenol 3 but it just didn’t cut it.  So I have had to go back to the Percocet.  But I am taking an anti nausea with it, and it seems to be helping.  I am not so woozy and wobbly taking them both.  And it takes the edge off the changes.

Again, the pain during the day is minimal and manageable.  I know a lot of folks look at the pictures and say “how does that not hurt like hell”.  Well, pain is realative.  You have to remember that I was living with a certain kind of pain for a long time.  Anything less than that, or even different than that if it takes that original pain away is an improvement and makes it manageable.

My biggest obstacle is remembering that my body has a big job to do in filling these “holes”.  I have to remember that I am going to be exhausted even though I haven’t done anything all day.  That’s a strange feeling.  I’ve always had that problem though.  Anytime I start feeling better from anything I try to do too much too soon.

This has forced me to slow down.  Listen to my body.  Think about myself and what I have to do to take care of me.

But I miss holding that little one.  Man is she being a trooper and being really good for everyone who is pitching in.  Judy took her to a birthday party yesterday and they had a blast.  And she is being so good for Aunt Robin and Daddy and Danielle.  With all that is going on we could be dealing with many more meltdowns and tantrums, but she is holding her own.

She has seen the wounds.  I didn’t want to scare her, but I also don’t want to keep anything from her.  She came in the room one morning during the bandage change.  She just looked at it, curled her nose up and said YUCK!  Then went on her way with her bunny looking for a toy she had lost.  We make sure she isn’t near when Robin is actually removing the gauze in case it is bad.  We don’t want her to hear me crying or yelling (or cursing LOL).  But I am ok if she wants to see “Mommy’s boo boos” so she understands better why I can’t pick her up or play with her.

So thanks again everyone.  I don’t get a chance to answer all the messages, but I promise I read them all and Love You All for the support and encouragement!  I will continue to keep you all posted on the progress.

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>